HSB Riksförbund (National Association of Tenants’ Savings and Building Society)
- Co-op Nautilus in Malmö
Founded in 1923, HSB Riksförbund, the Tenants, Savings and Building Society, is the largest co-operative housing membership association in Sweden. The membership includes individual members as well as housing co-operatives and regional associations. It is organized in three levels – local, regional and national. Custodian of the co-operative values, the National Federation is mainly responsible for lobbying and providing services to the regions while the regional Societies are responsible for developing and services housing co-operatives. More specifically, HSB Riksförbund and its Regional Societies:
- Promote housing construction, management and maintenance of good housing.
- Promote saving towards a house/apartment of ones own.
- Found and establish new tenant owners associations and to construct and develop new housing estates.
- Cover and influence housing policy and housing politics
- Assist members in management and organizational issues.
- Develop good housing conditions and well functioning services, including care of elderly and household services
- Promote marketing of cooperative housing.
Find out more about housing co-operatives in Sweden