Norske Boligbyggelags Landsforbund SA (NBBL) (The Co-operative Housing Federation of Norway)
- Akebakkeskogen Housing Co-operative
- City of Kristiansand
- Auvitoppen Housing Co-operative
Founded in 1946, NBBL, or the Co-operative Housing Federation of Norway, is a national membership association representing co-operative housing associations, individual members and affiliated housing co-operatives. Together, they make up the Norwegian Co-operative Housing Movement. NBBL is the fourth largest membership - movement in the country.
NBBL is dedicated to the promotion of economic growth and social development of the Norwegian housing sector through co-operative enterprise, assisting NBBL members through a broad range of activities such as:
- Represents co-operative housing associations and their members before Parliament, Government and central agencies with regards to housing policy and other related issues
- Co-ordinates and assists the analysis of policy issues with a view to developing approaches and strategies for the promotion and advancement of co-operative interests.
- Promotes and supports the housing co-operative movement in Norway through various forms of research, training and technical assistance; information, publications and programs.
- Promotes the co-operation and collaboration among NBBL member and partner organizations.
- Develops and provides a variety of benefits, products and services for NBBL members, with activities ranging from finance, insurance, consumer goods and services to statistical surveys, analysis and legal services.
- Supports housing initiatives in partnership with local organizations abroad aimed at low income groups through various forms of development co-operation north-south, including short and long term technical assistance.
Find out more about housing co-operatives in Norway